From: "Defryn, Guy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 12:41 PM
Subject: Insert with ASP into mysql

Hi there,

I want to insert data in a mysql database. When I submit
I don't get any errors. It takes me to the page that processes everything

However, when I check the database the records are not there.

Selecting data from the website works fine. My code is below
but I don't think anything is wrong because I don't get any errors.

Any ideas?

<%

dim
product,amount,cluster,user,orderdate,entered,comment,oconn,sqltext,arrdate

function newstr(str)
   newstr=replace(replace(str,"'","''"),chr(34),"&quot;")
End function

product=request.form("product")
amount=request.form("amount")
cluster=request.form("cluster")
user=newstr(request.form("user"))
orderdate=request.form("orderdate")
comment=newstr(request.form("comment"))
entered=request.form("entered")

set oconn = server.createobject("Adodb.connection")
oconn.connectionstring =
"server=130.123.80.73;driver=MySQL;db=supplies;uid=itsupport;pwd=itsupport"
oconn.open
sqltext = "Insert into
orders(orderid,product,amount,cluster,user,orderdate,comment,entered)"
sqltext = sqltext & " values(NULL," & product & "," & amount & ",'" &
cluster & "','" & user & "',#" & orderdate & "#,'" & comment & "','" &
entered & "')"
oconn.close
set oconn = nothing

%>