From the manual 4.10.4
"Replication will be done correctly with AUTO_INCREMENT, LAST_INSERT_ID(),
and TIMESTAMP values."

I am somewhat fearful and curious about how this works. Say we have a
master web database that gets replicated back to the office slave over the
Internet. A person on the web puts in an order to the master web db,
another person in the office enters a phone order, but that order goes into
the slave because orders get shipped based on information in the office
slave. How would I not at some point end up with replication errors because
of duplicate auto_inc values?

Would setting up replication as a circle help? Or would timing issues still
cause a problem? (The insert on the Master beats the insert on the slave
that was getting sent at the time) I am using 4.0.2 alpha so I am most
concerned with how that version is affected.

Thanks,

Eric

sql,querysql,querysql,querysql,querysql,querysql,querysql,query