Hello,

Greetings!

I am trying hard to connect to MySQL database stored on Linux machine
through a
VB program running on windows on another machine.

My problems are ..

Problem No1:

My Windows machine is under a Windows NT domain.
Linux machine is under another Windows NT domain.

I created a database in the MySQL server which is in LINUX server.
I installed the MyODBC and created the DSN also.

I try to connect to MySQL server through a VB coding.

I am getting the following error message like .

" [TCX][MyODBC]Host <local id address> is not allowed to connect this MySQL
server "

Kindly let me know how to connect the MySQL database stored on LINUX machine
through a VB
coding.

Problem 2:

I have MySQL database stored on Linux machine.
I have LINUX client machine also.
I want to run a application which is created in VB.
I tried to run an VB exe in the Linux machine. I am not able to run the VB
exe.
Can I run the VB exe in  LINUX systems? how?
If yes then what to do for run the VB exe file in Linux?

Kindly give solutions to my above problems.

With best regards,

Naathan. India.