Network access or remote access is handled by the OS such as Linux.

All you need to do is make sure you have a user setup that is allowed to
access the database from those locations. Example:

shell> mysql --user=root mysql
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO monty@localhost
    ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO monty@"%"
    ->     IDENTIFIED BY 'some_pass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

With this example you just created a super users that can access mysql from
the server where it resides or from anywhere else. Unless you want this try
to be more specific with super users access points like maybe you just want
it for the internal network like this: [EMAIL PROTECTED]%

For more information on this look at adding new users under the
documentations section.

Once you have this setup then you can access the database using the mysql
client tool or ODBC or any other types of connections that have been
developed for mysql (See download section for developed connection drivers).

Matthew Scarrow
ComIT Solutions Inc.
www.comit.ca
Phone: 519-442-0100