Diana Soares wrote:

>On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 18:43, Mike Wexler wrote:
>

>>Diana Soares wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, just sending a reply in case that someone else has the same problem.
>>>I solved the problem by decreasing the key-buffer from 320M to 288M.
>>>

>>We tried that among many other things. It turns out that their is some
>>kind of problem related to temporary tables. MySQL AB is investigating.
>>

>Yes, it could be that. I use many temporary tables to generate my final
>reports. I'll wait... Until there, i'll keep the key-buffer as is and
>"pray" for good luck! :-)
>
>Thank you for reply,

Interesting. They are actively trying to reproduce my problem.
Unfortunately it isn't easily reproducible except under load and we've
only managed to reproduce it on a production system. If you have a
reproducible example or even some represntative queries. Maybe you can
post them and the MySQL folks might have an easier time reproducing the
problem.
Assuming its the same one.