On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 at 01:13:30PM -0400, Aamer Rauf wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> Whatever you have suggested so far hasn't worked. I thought that maybe something
> is missing in my stating the problem and implementing your suggested solutions.
> So here is a more expanded picture of the queries:
>
> $sth=$dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO TABLE1 (id,var1,var2) VALUES (?,?,?)");
> $sth->execute("",$var1,$var2);
> $sth=$dbh->prepare("SELECT \@t1id:=LAST_INSERT_ID()");
> $sth->execute();
>
> $sth=$dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO TABLE1A (Aid,id,var1) VALUES (?, @t1id, $var1);
> $sth->execute("","",$var1);

Doesn't this chain of events reuse the variable $sth, which essentially
closes the old statement handler?  Doesn't that lose state?  I'm
guessing...

> Please take a note that in the last prepare statement I have also tried \@t1id
> ,"\@t1id", LAST_INSERT_ID(). I have used these in 'execute' statement too with
> question marks (?) in the prepare statement.
>
> Any new idea please?

Try grabbing the new ID manually, before the second prepare:

  my $id = $dbh->{'mysql_insertid'};

Then, manually use that as a bind variable.

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842