Very sorry for my childish question, I'm just starting to learn about MySQL
Following is my procedure in fixing the problem of installation on Intel PC,
and Linux RH7.3.
1. RPM installation
2. When execute mysql, there is a message "ERROR 2002: Can't connect to
local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/msql.sock' (111)"
3. Follow the Binary installation
4. At ./scripts/mysql_install_db, there is a message "./bin/mysqld: Shutdown
Complete"
5. At ./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &, there is a message mysqld ended
6. mysql command still cannot be executed successfully with the message in
the 2nd step.

Chai Wutiwiwatchai
Furui Laboratory,
Department of Computer Science,