>correct me if i am wrong..

with pleasure....

>- with a newsgroup you only select the messages that you want to read or
>where you can give an answer on.
>
>- with this email list my mailbox fills with too many single messages,
>replys are not threaded (no plus sign to expand thread)
>
>- when i go on vacation, and return, i would have a mailbox that is flooded
>causing that my other messages could not be delivered.

u could get an other account for the mailling list pal

>So my question, why this mailing list, why not a newsserver?

i believe thers something in the world called common curtesy
thats why not

not EVERYbody on this planet are rude u know

people do help out mewbies like myself

and its thnx to this list along with php_help list that ive been able to
work on my project and meet my dead lines

and i just dunno how i can be gratefull enough for the support of all these
people
their help and time which they take outta thier paid hours to help ....
to share what ever they can ....

and pal if u are so full of messeges im sure there must be some mysql-list
archives
u can always get ... find what u want there

toby ......

(mysql,query)