On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 12:31:32PM -0400, Chris Friedline wrote:
> hello everyone,
>
> i'm a newbie so please excuse the probably dumb question.
>
> i'm using monitoring software to record the number of processes at a current
> time.  currently, i'm just sending a show processlist and my monitoring
> software returns something like this:

Fix your monitoring software.

The SQL query 'show processlist' is just that; an SQL query.  The
MySQL API (either directly used, or used via the perl DBI module,
or the like) will let you get a _ton_ of information about the query
you've made, including the names of the columns, the number of rows,
etc.

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842