I get a slightly different result in my config.h file:

$ grep GETHOSTBY config.h
/* #undef HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R_GLIBC2_STYLE */
/* #undef HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R_RETURN_INT */
#define HAVE_GETHOSTBYADDR_R 1
#define HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R 1

Sorry to say that I have no real idea what this means!

I have had a rummage through the config.log file (available at
http://mosquito.mech.brad.ac.uk/~andy/mysql/config.log.gz) to find that
it is throwing errors up to do with 'cclplus'.  Could this be the cause of
the problem?  Have I done something really daft like not install something
that is required?

If you could decipher the config.log file and let me know what is going
on, that would be great.

Many thanks

Regards
Andy

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Lenz Grimmer wrote:

> Seems like "configure" fails to properly test for gethostbyname_r(). Weird.
>
> This is what I get on my SuSE Linux 8.0 system:
>
> $ grep GETHOSTBY config.h
> #define HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R_GLIBC2_STYLE 1
> /* #undef HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R_RETURN_INT */
> #define HAVE_GETHOSTBYADDR_R 1
> #define HAVE_GETHOSTBYNAME_R 1
>
> How does this look at your side? As a temporary workaround, you can simply
> adjust the defines in config.h manually and recompile.
>
> Can you please send me your config.log? It would be interesting to see, what
> is going wrong here.

Dr. Andy Dawson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mossie.org
http://www.museum-explorer.org.uk

 Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.