Hi Flash:

This is a shot in the dark, but when I set up some tables using
phpMyAdmin, I set a field to  auto_increment and a default value of 0,
phpMyAdmin created the table, but without the default value. When I add
records from a form, it increments correctly. Perhaps the default value
should not be set?

HTH

Cheers

David