Hi Everyone,

Many of you suggested that, in regards to my problem with LOAD DATA
[LOCAL] INFILE ... , I may have permissions problems.  I checked with
the host and the reply was, "You have access to do all commands except
for the "grant" command."  So it would appear that I SHOULD be able to
load data from my laptop.  But as of yet I cannot.

To reply to some of your more specific questions:

Yes, the file is definitely located in the directory specified.  Using
\\ instead of a single \ in the path seems to be a good thing, but the
file is still not found.  I keep getting Errcode: 2 and using "perror"
only tells me that there's an error in my "Perror" code, so I have no
idea what Errcode 2 is (though it is likely something telling me it
could not find the file!)

"Was mysqld started with --local-infile=0?"  Uh, dunno.  The host
provides an interface which I started working with but I am wondering if
maybe there isn't a bug in it somewhere.  Probably best to write my own
query window, either way all that I can provide is my user name and
password, I have no control over the servers or application beyond
logging in and supposedly having all but "grant" permission.

"...have you tried using the UNC path to the file?"  I'm technical
enough to know that UNC doesn't stand for University of North Carolina,
but that's about it.  I am going to assume that you are asking if I've
made sure the path is the actual path and not some pseudo-thingy that
windows does.  Indeed I believe I have.  If your question is in relation
to something else, I'm open to being educated :)

Thanks to Aaron Foster for the vote of confidence: " Give yourself full
rights - go on, you know you deserve it!"  I know I deserve it, but
those damn hoohas hosting my site just won't give it up!

And I certainly wouldn't insult toads -- they probably don't care which
version of MySQL my database is on, and they LIKE bugs!  I don't know
which version they are running, its not in their documentation.

So ... I am going to bypass the hosts administrative interface and find
my own way in, see if that works (yea, one more thing to do) and maybe
do a positive binary dance or some chanting.  If I don't make progress
on this in the next day I'm gonna brew up some damn strong coffee and
INSERT the data --- gotta have data!

Admin (aka chris)

BTW thanks for your willingness to help :)