Heikki,
> > I get the mysqld compiling/running
> > ok. DB dump is restored ok locally.
> > Locally everything wirks. But it
>
> what do you mean with this? If you issue SQL statements from the same
> computer, they work ok?
Exactly. If I connect via local UNIX socket all
happily works.
If I just connect via network it crashes right away.
> If this only happens in an incoming network connection, then probably
> your
> network library is buggy. In Compaq Alpha C and C++ variables have to
> be
> aligned to machine addresses divisible by 4 or 8, which is not required
> in
> Intel x86. Looks like some variable in the library is not aligned.
It's no such thing as "network library" in FreeBSD. It's
networking support in kernel. And it's perfectly ok.
Whole bunch of other apps work w/out any problems.
MySQL server app is crashing.

It only started when I enabled InnoDB at compile time.
Before it was no such problem.

So somewhere I guess they mangle with addresses and use
unaligned one. It happens on *network* level. So even
telnet connection on 3306 crashes it. Not even in logon phase.
Or early in logon phase.

So it's a bug in MySQL somewhere. I will try to troubleshoot it
down to the source code line.

Yuri.