Hi,

I was following the example in the manual (the menagerie database) but I
can not load a file into the table, i get the following error:
mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "~/testmysql/pet.txt" INTO TABLE pet;
ERROR 1148: The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version

I searched the archives and found that a variable "local-infile=1" must
be set for the client, but I can not find how to do that.

Can somebody help me with this please?

I'm using mysql version 3.23.49 on a Red Hat Linux 7.3.
--
 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #