On 28 Aug 2002, at 20:07, Mertens Bram wrote:

> Sorry, I don't understand: why would mysql have access to a file when I
> run LOAD DATA LOCAL... and not when I run it without the LOCAL?

As it says in the documentation, "If the LOCAL keyword is specified,
the file is read from the client host. If LOCAL is not specified, the
file must be located on the server."  That means that with LOCAL the
MySQL *client* must be able to access the file, but without LOCAL
it's the MySQL *server* that needs access.  The MySQL server probably
doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have access to your home directory.

[Filter: SQL]

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online