rihad writes:
> I digged thru the manual, and tried running mysql with the -O
> max_allowed_packet=16M option as they suggested. Same thing. Exactly
> same line. Always.
>
> I opened up the file in [beep] (a text editor) and can see nothing
> wrong at line 1283716. It's the end of the previous insert and start
> of a new one.

It doesn't sound like you dumped it with extended inserts (everything on one
line), but you may have.  If the line is huge, then your text editor could
be wrapping it or something similar.  Change max_allowed_packet to be the
size of the dump file and see if that solves the problem.

--
David Phillips <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://david.acz.org/