Greetings,

        I'm new to this list but not to MySQL. I've been using MySQL on
Linux with PHP for the past year or two. I've always managed to sort out
any problems by looking at the documentation on the website but my
current problem has me perplexed.

        I need to be able to send Emails to people from MySQL command
line.

        I'm importing a text file of users via a cronjob. MySQL process
the data and segragates it into different tables. My problem is that I
want MySQL to Email the plain text passwords to the users before it
MD5's them. I cannot find any references that MySQL can run external
programs [sendmail].

Any help or workarounds [no matter how crazy ;-)] would be appriciated,
although I'd rather not do the Emailing and MD5'ing at the data source.

Oh, if this isn't the correct mailing list to post this, just let me
know.

Regards

*       K   e   i   t   h           B   u   r   k   e        *
* Experience IT Ltd       * Phone : +353 1 460 3880          *
* G6                      * GSM   : +353 86 600 4004         *
* Riverview Business Park * Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]     *
* New Nangor Road         * WWW   : http://www.experience.ie *
* Ireland                 *       R   a   n   g   e   R      *
*           Lieutenant, Your men are already dead            *