On Sun, Sep 08, 2002 at 03:30:35AM +0000, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> Jeremy Zawodny ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) écrivait:
> >
> >On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 03:52:24PM +0000, Sam Przyswa wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Does the next MySQL 4.x version will support cross replications
> >> between several master servers in cluster ?
> >
> >Multi-master replication works as well in 4.x as it does in 3.23.xx.
>
> Does multi-master mean master to master, imagine you have 3 MySQL
> servers, A, B, C, with a load balancer in front end, if we make an
> update on A, is it possible to replicate/sync the change on B and C
> ?

You want to do this?

http://jeremy.zawodny.com/mysql/managing-mysql-replication_files/slide0121.htm

Just make B a slave of A, C a slave of B, and A a slave of C.

Beware of using auto-increments in that scanario, though.  You'll be
rather surprised and frustrated as explained in the manual.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 3.23.51: up 32 days, processed 662,833,682 queries (233/sec. avg)