Hi!

rafarife>  Description:
rafarife> Hi Heikki,

rafarife> I'm Lourdes and I work with Rafa in the MySQL project.

rafarife> We have done what you have told us. We have run SHOW STATUS before
rafarife> the query and we have obtained the next result:

<cut>
Handler_read_next = 0

<cut>
rafarife> Handler_read_next = 1929

The above shows that MySQL had to read 1929 rows to satsify the query.

rafarife> After doing this, we decided to create a new table like in your example with
rafarife> the same records. Then, we execute the query:

<cut>

rafarife> The table definition is:

rafarife> CREATE TABLE `clientes` (

<cut>

In cases like this that are data dependent, it's not enough for us to
have the create table definition, we also need the data itself.

rafarife> How-To-Repeat:
rafarife>    Select Cod,Nom,Nif,Nombre_comercial from Clientes Where (Nom = 'GARCIA
MANCILLA,S.L' And Cod>'061642')
rafarife>     Or Nom>'GARCIA MANCILLA,S.L' Order by Nom ASC, Cod ASC Limit 50;

To be able to find and fix the problem, we would need a copy the
tables involved used by your query. Can you please do the following:

- Make a mysqldump of your tables and make a README file of the above.
- Tar and gzip or zip the files.
- ftp the file to ftp://www.tcx.se/pub/mysql/secrent
- Send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] that you have uploaded a test
  case.

If you can do the above, we will try to fix the problem for next MySQL
release.

Regards,
Monty

--