Mailing-List: contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]; run by ezmlm
(http://www.ezmlm.org)
   Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:46:10 +0000 (UTC)
   From: Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   - Machine "A" has a crontab running to check the network status every
   second. When the network link comes up, I would like to have machine "A"'s
   data transfered to Machine "B".

   I don't know if this would be the best solution, nor do I know much on this
   topic, but would after the network connection is made, should I have a
   script write all the records from Machine "A" to a file (I saw an e-mail
   on this list once about dumping all the tables and their info to one .sql
   file, and using that for a backup copy) and then transfer that file to
   Machine "B", then on machine "B" have the file imported into Machine "A"'s
   MySQL?

   Im sure there is a better solution to mine.

You are asking for a replication server, a feature, since you want
everything.

If you only need some duplication, then a perl script running a
connection between the 2 servers is simple.