I unzipped and installed MySQL 3.23.52 from
free-download on my PC running WindowsMe. First time
it worked by running 'mysqld' and 'mysqlc' and I made
a table and loaded data into it. Then I deleted all
rows from 'mysql.user' table where 'host=localhost' in
my attempt to make it secure, however, I had to halt
using my computer and I closed it. When I re-started,
it started giving 'ERROR 1130 : Host 'localhost' is
not not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'. I
read a lot of manual. I do not have 'mysql_install_db'
script to remake the privilege tables. Finally I
deleted all files related to mySQL to re-do its
installation. Again I unzipped and installed MySQL
from the .zip file downloaded earlier. This time
'user.MYD' is not empty but 'host.myd', 'db.myd' are
empty (zero bytes). But I have the same problem.
'mysqld' runs silently in the background. But 'mysqlc'
and 'mysqladmin' output the same above error and I
cannot connect and enter into command line mode to do
ANSI SQL commands on tables. Can anyone help me what
to do and what should be the entries in 'my.cnf' or
'my.ini' file and else where.
My regards to all.