At 14:24 -0500 9/22/02, Gerald Preston wrote:
>Paul,
>
>Thank you!!  I had installed DBD, but I did not know that I had to
>install DBD::mysql.
>
>THANKS SO MUCH!!!

I take it from your tone that your script works now? :-)

DBI (I assume that's what you mean by "installing DBD", because there is no
"DBD" module as such) provides the top-level database access mechanism.
But it doesn't contain any information about specific databases, so
you need to install a driver for each type of database you want to access:
DBD::mysql for MySQL, DBD::Pg for PostgreSQL, etc.  DBI uses the DBD-level
drivers to communicate with specific types of database servers.