> DB>I still have performance problem with my big MyISAM table.
> DB>In fact, mysql keep locking my table, even for doing select :(

PDB> That's how MyISAM works -- it uses table locks for everything.
PDB> Given that fact, if it didn't lock the table for reading, that would
PDB> allow other clients to update the table at the same time -- leading
PDB> to disastrous results.

> DB>I don't know why but it's very very annoying.
> DB>1% of my query are search ones.
> DB>Theses queries are slow, too slow.

I found my problem and why Mysql lock my table for a select.
In fact, mysql sometimes don't use the right index and so does a 'Table
sort' that lock my table.
I modify the query to add USE INDEX clause and now, all seems to work well
I just need to test during several days to be sure that's i'm right ..

Thanks
David