At 07:59 AM 9/24/2002, you wrote:

>The developer in my software house put this message...
>

>Hi,
>
>    I had been using mySql for a long time in lots of different
>    computers, but now I had a strange problem and I would like to know
>    if anyone can send me a message to help me solving the problem.
>
>    I installed mySql 3.23.49 on a Dell PowerEdge 2400 with 1Gb RAM,
>    dual processor, RAID 3 and Windows 2000 Server. Unfortunately, the
>    machine was freezing every day, and some times twice a day. Some
>    times, and really frequently, mySql was stopping execution showing
>    the message on the screen: "The memory could not be
>    read ... mysqld-max-nt.exe".

I've had a similar problem "Cannot read from memory..." or "Cannot write to
memory..." that would occur a few times a week. It would occur with several
different applications like text editors, graphics programs etc., so the
problem is not with a single foreground application. I'm running Win2k
update pack 2. I changed the memory a couple of days ago so it is too soon
to tell if that was the problem. I suspect the problem may be a task
running in the background like Norton Anti-virus or perhaps MySQL server
itself. Are you running NAV? I'm running  MySQL 4.0.1-alpha-max-nt. I
changed firewalls and that did not help.

Mike