Hi,

According to InnoDB's page, the largest innodb database is currently a
bit over 1TB.  This is in Mytrix's database (Mytrix provide site
tracking services for your website, see www.mytrix.com).

With a default page size of 16KB, you get a theoretical maximum database
size of about 60 TB.  You can increase the page size to a maximum of
64KB (though that requires a recompile of innodb) to give you a maximum
database size of about 238 TB.

Oracle, on the other hand has a maximum file size limited by the OS
(usually 4GB) and a maximum of 1024 files per tablespace (again,
dependent on OS) which gives you a total size of about 4,000 TB.

These are all theoretical limits, of course, and I don't know how they
relate to real-world limits, but I would guess that Oracle would scale
better than MySQL, especially with you getting so close to the physical
limit of an InnoDB table.

Dean.

Biotechnology