Hi,

Er, I don't want to be rude, but those dots drive me crazy.

Could you include more details? What version of MySQL running now? Running as
a service r from the command line? You can't even log in? What does MySQL
client say? I suggest using the command line client for early troubleshooting,
just to make sure the problem isn't elsewhere.

Did you do a proper uninstall? I mean, if you had your previous mysqld
installed as a service, did you uninstall that service first? Are you using
your old grant tables or the clean, new ones that ship with the setup package?

Or are you logging in as 'root'? Or as a different user? Double check your
passwords and try an empty password for 'root', too.

Also, please see http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Access_denied.html for some
common causes of Access Denied errors.

Regards,
Iikka

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, toby - wrote:

> ok guys ....
>
> i ve actually done it fo myslf ... :'(
> mysql s all screwedup ...
> i reinstalled it last night and myadmin too ... now ...
> ive created two users and databases n ...
> wollaaaaa ....
> i cnt even login ... :'(
>
> i feel like banging my head against da walls ....
>
> vat in earth is with this thing ???? workin prefect last week n ever since i
> had my hard disk formatted its all out ....
>
> i made the users at cmd mode o i ve win 2k pro, apache 1.3.24 , php 4.2.2
> mysql  3.23.39 (now) and phpmyadmin 2.2.6 (installed from binary)
>
> and plz ... id b eternally gratefull if any one of u guys cud come online on
> msn n hlp me plz .....
>

> all screwedup .....
>
> toby ....

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *