Did you check Egor's last message to you on the list? After starting mysqld
with --skip-grant-tables you should be able to connect with this:
mysql -u root
on the server, otherwise use mysql -u root -h your.server.ip.address

It won't be of much help if you can't get 'root' working. Please try to get
that right first and then check your own account.

Best regards,
Iikka

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, toby - wrote:

> u think that d make much of a difference
> :( ...
> i cant work with the thing any more yaar ....
> rather cant make it work .....
> the thing that i waz actually playin with last week ... :S
> and i jst cannot recall how i handled it last time i installed it on n all
>
> though i had my myadmin's config files saved on my disk and i ve copied them
> bak but still nuthin ....
>
> this is the error i keep gettin now ....
>

> Error
> MySQL said:
> Access denied for user: 'sir@localhost' (Using password: YES)
>
> nomatter where i try to acess it from ...
> from cmd i can do this :
>
> mysql --user sir@localhost
> n it letts me in but not
>
> mysql --user sir --pass
> password *****
>
> i get the same error:
>
> Access denied for user: 'zaban@localhost' (Using password: YES)
>
> n im lost and ve a demo tomorrow aftrnoon n im doomed :'(
>
> thnx a million anyway fo ur time n concern
>
> i really appriciate it ....
>
> toby .....
>

> >From: Iikka Merilinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: toby - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Re: mysql all messedup ... :'( .....
> >Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:59:11 +0300 (EEST)
> >
> >Hi again,
> >
> >Sorry, you _did_ mention your MySQL version... wrote the reply in quite a
> >hurry. Why aren't you using the latest version (3.23.52)?
> >
> >Iikka
> >
> >On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, toby - wrote:
> >
> > > ok guys ....
> > >
> > > i ve actually done it fo myslf ... :'(
> > > mysql s all screwedup ...
> > > i reinstalled it last night and myadmin too ... now ...
> > > ive created two users and databases n ...
> > > wollaaaaa ....
> > > i cnt even login ... :'(
> > >
> > > i feel like banging my head against da walls ....
> > >
> > > vat in earth is with this thing ???? workin prefect last week n ever
> >since i
> > > had my hard disk formatted its all out ....
> > >
> > > i made the users at cmd mode o i ve win 2k pro, apache 1.3.24 , php
> >4.2.2
> > > mysql  3.23.39 (now) and phpmyadmin 2.2.6 (installed from binary)
> > >
> > > and plz ... id b eternally gratefull if any one of u guys cud come
> >online on
> > > msn n hlp me plz .....
> > >

> > > all screwedup .....
> > >
> > > toby ....

> > > MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos:
> > > http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx

> >* Iikka Merilinen                       *
> >* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
> >* Vaala, Finland                         *

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *