Hello MySQL,

  I am re-sending this message as it seems like the one I send the
  20th did not go through. I have now read a larger part about the
  possibly SQL 2003 standard, and am convinced this will really be of
  importance for the future of MySQL as well. The standard is not just
  ANSI, but ISO as well. I know as of the previous standard, it was
  not enforced as they stopped conformance testing in 1996. Thus there
  where no reason for confirming to the -99 standard (which no one
  does). However, if this standard is being enforced among larger
  companies, or governments, then it would be important to get
  certificated.

---

  I send one message earlier questioning whether SQL really was not a
  standard anymore. According to the documents I could find on the
  issue, SQL is not truly a standard anymore, but may become one
  again. Reference: http://www.tdan.com/i016hy01.htm and

http://www.zdnet.com.au/builder/architect/database/story/0,2000034918,20266105-1,00.htm

  There is however work on a new SQL standard, probably SQL 2003. This
  is currently in final committee dated 08/15/2002, that can be found
  at http://www.wiscorp.com/SQLStandards.html.

  Enjoy reading - there are about 3500 pages...

--
Best regards,
 Kenneth                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]