Keith C. Ivey wrote:

>MySQL AB appears to be in the midst of changing the names for the
>various versions, and the information on the various pages doesn't
>seem to be consistent yet.

I had replied to the original as well (and it got spam filtered for not
containing "SQL"!), but I'll say it again: the downloads page has a
relatively succinct description of what each product is.  It may not
mention the product name you're looking for, but ChangeLogs and the
llike are usually the best place to find those things.  What _is_
available is well described, IMHO:

    * MySQL 3.23 -- Stable release (recommended) latest version is 3.23.52
          o *3.23 <http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html>* --
            Default package (use this if you are unsure)
          o *3.23 Max
            <http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-max-3.23.html>* --
            Package with maximum features
    * MySQL 4.0 -- Beta release (use this for new development) latest
      version is 4.0.3
          o *4.0 Pro
            <http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-pro-4.0.html>* --
            Default package with all the features necessary for typical
            usage, including the InnoDB transactional table handler (use
            this if you are unsure)
          o *4.0 Max
            <http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-max-4.0.html>* --
            Package with maximum features (SSL, RAID, BDB)

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.