Jan Steinman wrote:

>This is a high-traffic list. The only way some of us can contribute is to get it in
>digest format, and the endless quotes make digest reading painful.

I read the list 'live' if you will (not pre-digested) and find it
equally irritating.  I'd appreciate everyone taking the extra 5-10
seconds it requires to delete the portions of the previous person's
E-mail that isn't relevant to what you're writing.

If I may digress for a moment (on topics not related to SQL), it seems
that this relatively new (in Internet-age terms) trend of typing before
the quoted previous message (brought on by MS and friends) is a large
part of the problem; one can simply type away without realizing that
there are ten pages of text below one's response.  If one takes the time
to scroll to below the text to which they are responding first, one
realizes how much irrelevant quoted text there is.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.