.
If I may beg the List's tolerance for a while -

The practice of putting responses before the (often wildly varied and
prolix) text prompting that response means that those whose eyesight is not
what it used to be, if indeed it yet remains, do not have to wait for aeons
as speech software grinds grimly through all the original texts for the
umpteenth time.  I agree that the situation is not all that likely in this
List but I would ask all our Gentle Readers to consider the point.

Yooors,

Iain.

>If I may digress for a moment (on topics not related to SQL), it seems
>that this relatively new (in Internet-age terms) trend of typing before
>the quoted previous message (brought on by MS and friends) is a large part
>of the problem; one can simply type away without realizing that there are
>ten pages of text below one's response.  If one takes the time to scroll
>to below the text to which they are responding first, one realizes how
>much irrelevant quoted text there is.
>
>--
>Michael T. Babcock
>C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.
>http://www.fibrespeed.net/~mbabcock

"Some things cannot be learned quickly
and time, which is all we have, must be
paid heavily for their acquiring."  E.Hemingway.

This post scanned by Norton AV for viruses before despatch.