I have a few questions regarding recovering an innodb tablespace/datafile.

Here's the situation.
I lose a drive on my master database that contained an innodb datafile. I then
shut the database down and umount that drive.

What would I need to copy from the slave database in order to bring the master
database backup? I know I'd need to copy all innodb datafiles from the slave
to the master but what else would I have to do? Will the database complain
about the new datafiles if things were not shutdown correctly?

99% of the transactions on the innodb tables are done by software which only
inserts/updates one row at a time and they are immediate commits, so I'm not
worried about losing transactions. I know I could run hot backups on the
master for innodb tablespace, but I'd need to store them across the network
so I'm guessing it would be quicker to just copy the slave datafiles and
start the master database than it would be to copy the backups and then run
the logs against them.

mysql query

Thanks!

--