Hi List,

I am new to mysql so I ask for your patience...

1 - I am trying to load a text file (with mysql-front) to a table that
contains a TEXTdata type field. Despite of the documentation (TEXT = 2^16
bytes), after the load of the file that field is truncate to 51 characters.
On the text file I have some entries with more than 800 characters.

2 - I am trying to load the same file but now with LOAD DATA INFILE at a
term session. I am connect as root, I call mysql but when I execute the
command, I receive an Permission Denied Error (13) saying that I cannot stat
the text file. I tried to change the owner and the permissions of the file
but nothing works.

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Oswaldo Castro