1)Is it possible to enable LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE from the configuration
file?
My.ini file is below:

[mysqld]
basedir=C:/mysql
datadir=C:/mysql/data
enable-local-infile
local_infile=1

When I perform the LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'file_name.txt' INTO... command
from a client application using MyOBDC I receive the error message 1148
('The used command is not allowed with this MySQL version').

Where is the mistake?

The server version is 4.0.2.-alpha.

2)Other problems appears when I use the 3.23.47 My SQL version.

2.1.
In that case LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'file_name.txt' INTO... works but
'file_name.txt' is
loaded just if it reside on the server. But notice that I want to load the
file ('file_name.txt') from the client machine.
Again, what is wrong?

2.2.
I tried another approach for this problem and I have performed from the
client machine a SELECT * FROM... INTO OUTFILE 'file_name.txt' command. Now,
everything goes well and LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'file_name.txt' INTO...
works fine. It seems my troubles are finished, but... If I run again the
same command, another new file with the same name cannot be created (because
'file_name.txt' already exists). How can I remove the older 'file_name.txt',
doing this from the client side and using MyODBC?