                1GB of RAM
                MySQL-Max 3.23.49a
                PHP 4.2.1

        Server B:
                Single 1.7GHz processors
                1.5GB of RAM
                MySQL-Max 3.23.49a
                PHP 4.2.2

        Server A has a site that uses about 75GB of bandwidth per
month all pulled through PHP and MySQL. Load average is 0.4 over
time. Processlist is never above 2-5 process showing at a time. All
in all a very nice server.

        When I switch the site to Server B - same database, same
program, same my.cnf, my load average on Server B jumps to 25-35, the
process list jumps to 30-50 processes, the server comes to a grinding
hault and then sits there, all within 30-60 seconds of redirecting
the site.

        I thought Server B would be able to happily handle the large
load but it apparently is not.

        I am trying to figure out it Server B just can't handle the
load, or if there is a problem somewhere. Can anyone give me their
experienced thoughts on which I might be experiencing? Any suggested
things I should try?

        I am kind of in a bind here as I wish to get rid of the Dual
processor machine for the colo it is in is quite expensive and the
bandwidth is quite low on a monthly basis. The new colo does not seem
to offer dual processor machines. Time is of the essence for me so
any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted.

Thanks

James