First you would probably query for the number of records that would be returned. That
way you can create your "navigation bar" with the correct amount of increments ( < 1 2
3 4 5 6 > ). Each increment = 20 records.

Then you can perform queries using LIMIT ( LIMIT 0,19 ... LIMIT 20,39 ... LIMIT 40,59
etc ).

> Also,  When a user does perform this query, will all of the
> pages be created
> at that time. Or will the page be created with another
> request and response
> from the server.

One page at a time using LIMIT.

You could create all the pages at once, but where are you going to put them, how are
you going to serve them... I think you should just query each page of data when the
user wants it.

> In other words.  Does the result of the query get stored in a
> variable that
> is accessed on the client machine or does the php code return
> the limit per

Hey look, you almost got a solution yourself...

Luc