Hi,

On Thu, 2002-10-10 at 10:57, kayamboo wrote:
>    1. Is there anyway to know the string value of the password using the
> encrypted value , from the mysql.user table ?

No. It's scrambled with a one-way (lossy) algorithm.

>    2. How can I know the most recently entered record, that does not have an
> AUTOINCREMENT column ?

You can't.
Rows are by definition un-ordered in SQL databases, because storage is
an internal matter for the server, it can do it any way it sees fit
(it'll depend on the format, and other considerations like filling gaps
of deleted rows, etc).

The only logical ordering is one you put in (with AUTO_INCREMENT or
timestamps or whatever). Actually you would only see that order if you
use SELECT ... ORDER BY ... Otherwise, output is also unordered!
(the fact that it may appear ordered while not using ORDER BY is purely
coincidence: delete a row and insert a new one and you'll definitely
find more disorder ;-)

Regards,
Arjen.

--