Working with new clean install of Redhat 8.0 and
Apache 2.0.40 / php 4.2.2 / mySQL 3.23.52

I have a phpinfo page and mySQL is setup
I can access tables thru mysql

When ever I try to attach remotely to mySQL
thru php (DreamweaverMX, phpmysqladmin, Access ODBC export)

I get the following error:

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Is there an article on setting up these new versions of
Apache/mySQL/PHP someone could point me to

I must be missing something in one of the conf files

thanks

jrt