Rolf Nilsen wrote:
Hi,

dont know if this is old information, but:

RedHat 8.0, MySQL 3.23.52.

It works like a charm from the local machine, but when you try to connect by TCP, the active thread seg-faults.

(strace on mysqld)

The solution was to place the host I connect from in /etc/hosts. Voila, no more seg-faults..

I guess this is due to some oddity in RedHat 8.0, but I could not find this documentet anywhere. So now
everybody knows..

Best regards

Rolf Nilsen
Yes it is old news, search the archives :)

The issue is with the GLIBC that ships with RedHat-8.0, and the one that is updated by 'up2date'.

We recommend you only use the binaries provided by MySQL AB, as they are statically linked with a custom GLIBC that prevents this problem (among others as well).

-Mark

--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/?ref=mmma

/ |/ /_ __/ __/ __ \/ / Mark Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/ /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__ MySQL AB, Full-Time Developer - JDBC/Java
/_/ /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/ Flossmoor (Chicago), IL USA
<___/ www.mysql.com