Iago Sineiro wrote:
-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mark Matthews [mailto:mark@;mysql.com]
Enviado el: miercoles, 23 de octubre de 2002 16:38
Para: Rolf Nilsen
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: Re: RedHat8.0 and MySQL

Rolf Nilsen wrote:

Hi,

dont know if this is old information, but:

RedHat 8.0, MySQL 3.23.52.

It works like a charm from the local machine, but when you try to
connect by TCP, the active thread seg-faults.

(strace on mysqld)

The solution was to place the host I connect from in /etc/hosts. Voila,
no more seg-faults..

I guess this is due to some oddity in RedHat 8.0, but I could not find
this documentet anywhere. So now
everybody knows..

Best regards

Rolf Nilsen
Yes it is old news, search the archives :)

The issue is with the GLIBC that ships with RedHat-8.0, and the one that
is updated by 'up2date'.

We recommend you only use the binaries provided by MySQL AB, as they are
statically linked with a custom GLIBC that prevents this problem (among
others as well).

	-Mark

--

Hi Mark.

How custom is the glibc used for compile the binaries provided by MySQL AB?
Which version?
Read the file 'linuxthreads.txt' that comes with your MySQL source distribution (in the Docs subdirectory) for the full story.

-Mark