> Does anybody know how I can solve this problem?
> How can I improve the " opening " performance?
> Does MySQL cache something for each records?

It's not a MySQL problem, but a problem how you're opening the recordset.
In VB, you would set the DBSQLPassThru flag - I don't know what the
equivalent is in Windows C.  The problem is that the client is downloading
the entire record set and oding the select on the PC when you do the open -
that's why it takes longer the bigger your table is.