Hi !!!

> Hi all
>
> I'm having a performance problem opening a recordset using a
> CRecordset class (Visual C++). If the table is empty (or
> contains few records) it takes a very little time to open,
> but if the table contains many records (about 48000 in my
> tests) it takes too much time (about 20 seconds) to open.

 Its because of mysql_store_result(), instead you should
 check the option 'Don't cache results' to use
 'mysql_use_result()'.

> The table is very simple:
>
> CREATE TABLE accounts (
>       IDAccount int(11) NOT NULL  auto_increment,
>       IDUser int(11)   ,
>       Date timestamp(14)   ,
>       Status varchar(50)   ,
>       IDItem int(11)   ,
>       Qty double   ,
>       Price double   ,
>       Visible int(11)    ,
>       PRIMARY KEY (IDAccount)
> ) TYPE=MyISAM;
>
> Of course I tried to 'play' with DSN options and, as
> suggested in MYODBC faq, I cheched off the options " Return
> Matching Rows ", " Allow BIG Results " and " Enable Dynamic
> Cursor " without results. I tried to set the check " Don't
> Cache Results... " & " Force use of Forward-only Cursors "
> and it seemed to work but in that case I had 2 problems: 1. I
> cannot update/modify records 2. it takes the same long time
> (about 20 seconds) to CLOSE the recordset

 Must have client side cursor in this case as driver can't
 simulate server side/scrollbale cursor on non-cached result
 sets.

Regards, Venu
--
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com