I'm new and I'm TOTALLY lost!  Why am I here?  To BEGGGGG for help!  My
office currently keeps track of our projects via an excel spreadsheet.  We
keep such info as project costing, status, points oif contact, name,
description, number, last updated, etc...  What I want to do is merge all
that info to a mysql database and generate a front end to view / update all
applicalbe information via the web with php.  Should be easy enough right?
Should I be looking at a content management system type of design or should
I just be focusing on form manupliation etc?   Any suggestions as to how I
would design this would be very beneficial.

Part two.

Lets say I design this puppy using regular static forms.  My database design
looks (currently and tentatively) like this:

table projects
columns( projectID(pk)   number    name    description)

table Managers
columns ( managerid(pk)     managername)

table Status
columns(projectid(pk)    projectstatus)

table projectdetails
columns(projectid(pk)     projectcompletiondate    projectcost   lastupdate)

now lets say someone is viewing a project with projectid (1).  If they
decide to update the status, we can see that the status tables primary key
is projectid.  If they decide to update the status could you give me an
example of the sql syntax of how that would be updated.  We can visually see
the key relationship, but what would the syntax look like?  We understand
that status is related to the project via the projectid, but the database
won't replicate that info automatically.  How do I make something like that
happen?

Part three.

Any suggestions on how to keep track of the primary and alternate points of
contact per project as far as database design is concerned?

Thank you for reading this far...look forward to hearing your responses (if
any ;)).