I think I've firmed my "theoritical" understanding of relationships enough
to be dangerous.  Now for the logical part....how do you actually define a
relationship in mysql?  For instance...

 table movies
 columns (movie id(pk) , movie title , year filmed)

 table directors
 columns (director id(pk), movie id(fk), total movies)

 Here I have a primary key in each table which I have defined in my table
structure.  I also have a foreign key in the directors table, but where did
I define that to the database?  Is this a sort of relationship?  Like a one
to many?  I've noticed in some reading that certain keys are refered to by
their respective names ( column - whatever ) and the relatioship column is
defined as ( column - relwhatever ), is this the proper way to define a
relationship?  Is the primary/foreignkey,  relationship concept something
that is used by the database to replicate data or are they design tools used
to develope an independent, non repetitive data structure?  Someone please
help...I'm so confused.  Thanks so much....