Unfortunately that oversimplifies the situation. A least a few movies have
more than one director. AI, for example: first half by Kubrick, second
(lousy) half by Speilberg. Another example is The Twilight Zone, which had
four directors.

This calls for a junction table between Movies and Directors, called
MovieDirectors and having MovieID and DirectorID.

Perhaps this isn't refined enough either. Consider Clint Eastwood, who
stars, directs and produces. Woody Allen, who does all that and also writes.

A fuller (heh heh) resolution of the problem might look like this:

Create a new table called Roles, which contains rows for Actor, Director,
Producer, D.O.P. and whatever else is of interest.

Combine the existing Directors and Actors tables into a single table called
Talent.

Create a junction table called TalentRoles, with FKs referencing Talent and
Roles. Clint would have rows for Writer, Director and Actor.

Now create a table called MovieRoles with foreign keys into TalentRoles and
Movies. Then you add as many people to a movie as you want, nw whatever
roles are legitimate for those people. I.e. you couldn't add Clint as a
writer.

hth,
Arthur Fuller