On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:51:41 +0200
"Iago Sineiro" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I want to compile MySQL statically with my own UDF and InnoDB support in
> one box and with make_binary_distribution install it in a RedHat 8.0
> box.
>
> Which are the correct versions for gcc and glibc? And automake,
> autoconfig, and any another posible package needed for compile MySQL?
> Which is the best version of RedHat for compiling MySQL?
>
> Also which are the options used in compilation when is created
> MySQL-3.23.x-MAX.rpm?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Iago.

HI!

This is a difficult question, as we learned recently that there are some problems with
MySQL and
glibc supplied with RH 8.0.

You can use gcc 3.2, automake 1.5 and autoconf 2.54.

The options used in creating our 3.23 RPM are described in our manusl.

We currently build our RPM's on updated RH 6.2.

--

Regards,

--
For technical support contracts, go to https://order.mysql.com/?ref=msmi