Start the server with --skip-grant-tables.  Than anyone can connect and
do anything.

At 20:32 -0700 10/22/02, Jim Hogan wrote:
I have set up MySQl before and have done it "the right way" (I think!)

My situation today?  I am setting up MySQL on a Linux machine with a 1394-
attached 80GB drive for a 3-week project after which my setup will be
thrown away.  Due to some software dependencies, this DB will need to be
accessed by a Win2K box running MyODBC.  An isolated, 2-node network.

Well, I am 90 percent of the way there, DB us running and accessible on
localhost with phpMyAdmin, but (after 2-3 hours of wresting) MyODBC client
still returns 1130 errors..."Unable to connect from host 192.168.1.100".

Yes, I have looked through the docs and have made all changes to
mysql:host/user that I could think of, have added "skip-name-resolve" to
my.cnf options.

Time is of the essence.  To short-circuit this particular problem and
perhaps get on with my real work, I ask:

Is there a set of CNF and mysql DB entries that I could implement that
would assure that I have the *least* secure MySQL config possible?!?!?

*Then* if I'm still getting 1130s and such, well, I'll just have to
troubleshoot some more!!

Thanks,

Jim