I'm writing an application that maintains its own
database using the mysqld lib.  I can use
"mysql_real_connect" to connect to the "internal"
server fine, but I also want to be able to connect to
an external (or remote) server as well.  When using
"mysql_real_connect" to try to connect to a remote
server, I get "database not found on server".   I
think that since it's returning faster than it does
when just connecting using the main "mysql" client
app, that it's probably checking the "internel" server
although I'm specifying a host, user, password, ...
when trying to connect to the remote machine.  I'm
using the 4.0.4 beta source.

- Steve