Pada Mon, 28 Oct 2002 00:12:14 -0500
Dennis Herndon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> menulis:

> I just upgraded to Linux-Mandrake 9.0 and installed mysql via the RPM
> files.  Everything installed just fine and dandy except when I try to
> run mysql it can't find /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock file.  I'm read how to
> protect that file, but where does it come from?

it will be created auto"magic"ally every time you start mysqld :D

check your processes ? is there any mysqld process running ?
or maybe the path of mysql.sock is different ... check your my.cnf file

or sometimes we run mysqld more than once ... (the second one will remove the
mysql.sock but the daemon is still running)

--
Dicky Wahyu Purnomo - System Administrator
PT FIRSTWAP: Jl Kapt. Tendean No. 34 - Jakarta Selatan (12790)