On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Natale Babbo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using Linux Suse 8.0.
> I copied the file mysql.server located in
> /usr/local/mysql/support-files to /etc/init.d
> directory.
> I made a simbolic link to mysql.server script in
> /etc/init.d/rc3.d but MySQL doesn't appear to start at
> the boot time.
>
> Anyone can help me?

Hi!

Try starting mysqld with --console --standalone parameters and see if it
starts at all. If yes, you've got a problem with your startup scripts. Check
any paths in those and check that your symbolic link works. Also try running
the script in /etc/init.d/rc3.d (the symbolic link in this case) manually
after the system startup.

Regards,
Iikka

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *